Friday, November 23, 2012

Things I Don't Miss

Before I became a mom for the first time 6 months ago, I thought I would miss activities and things that I used to enjoy because my time would be spent taking care of a baby.  I realized today that I don't really miss much.  Here are a few of the things I don't miss:

  • Watching a movie on the couch...I would much rather be entertained by my son.  He's better than any flick!
  • Taking long, hot showers.  I'll admit I did miss this one at first, but now I am perfectly happy with a quick shower. I'd rather sing a song to him than sing to nobody in the shower.
  • Relaxing time at work.  Before the baby, I would spend portions of my work day just hanging out and relaxing.  I can't do that anymore.  I have to use every minute of the workday so I can get home to see my son. And that doesn't bother me one bit.
  • Being pregnant. I loved being pregnant--feeling the little baby moving inside of me. But watching little baby moving outside of me is far more rewarding.

     

1 comment: