Saturday, June 9, 2012

Baby Story

Every time a baby is born, there is a story worth telling.  Here is my son's story:

I was 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant one Saturday morning.  My husband and I were awake early in the morning, so we decided to take the dog for a walk. Our dog is not leash trained and I was hoping the erratic pulling would start my labor.  We trekked rapidly around the park and returned home for a low-key Saturday. 

My self-induced labor idea was effective because my water broke 1/2 hour after we returned home. 

My husband and I made our way to the hospital, stopping once for gas.  The hospital receptionist admitted me for a "labor check."  When the nurse examined me, she said, "Yep, it's pretty obvious that your water broke."  She even said I was already having contractions, although I could not tell.

The nurse administered pitocin and my contractions suddenly became real. There was no doubt I was in labor!

Approximately 10 hours later, I was pushing my 7 pound 1 ounce baby boy into the world. He was, and still is, the cutest thing I have ever seen.  I am so happy that my pregnancy, labor, and delivery were complication-free.  My husband and I love our little boy so much and we adore every little move, squeak, and wriggle he makes!





2 comments:

  1. Ahh! Yay! Thank you for writing a blog about this guy- I love him already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this story! Tell me more...

    ReplyDelete