Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How I Live Now

I realized that I forgot to review the novel How I live Now by Meg Rosoff. It's another of my summer reads. This novel won a Michael L. Printz award in 2005. It was rightly earned. I laughed out loud while reading this novel because the narrator, a teenage girl, had such a strong, comical voice. I also cried because of her unconquerable spirit in the face of unthinkable hardships. This American teenage girl is sent to England to live with her loving aunt and jovial cousins after her father remarries a very evil woman. After suffering from culture shock, she finds a home on their country farm. But then war breaks out, and the characters' world is turned upside down. I loved this book.

1 comment:

  1. I liked it too, even though I didn't want to like it. When it was brand new, it had lots of hype, and I assumed it was just a marketing ploy. When I finally read it, I loved it. It's a great story, though one with some tough moments.

    ReplyDelete